Thursday, June 19, 2014

Taking the Risk

 
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom." ~Anais Nin
Creating stories, writing and drawing pictures has been a secret passion for much of my life. There are very few who have been able to breach my walls of insecurities, self doubt, and fear. Fear of what? I'm not quite sure, being wrong or not good enough maybe? With the encouragement and support of some amazing people, I have finally built up the courage to knock those walls down. I choose to be happy rather than hide behind a veil of fear. Creating makes me happy; it fills up a place in me that was empty before. There is something magical in bringing something new into the world. It's always been a dream of mine to publish children's books, and I have discovered that the only thing that was stopping me was myself. So this me, putting myself out there, taking a risk, holding my breath and diving in. For those who choose to follow and support me on this journey, I thank you. I hope it inspires you to follow your own passions, take some risks, and achieve your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment